Suspected ULFA militants hurl grenade
Sibsagar: Suspected ULFA insurgents lobbed a grenade at Assam Rifles personnel escorting a school bus in upper Assam`s Sibsagar district Tuesday morning but none was injured in the attack, police sources said.
All the school children and security personnel are safe, the sources said.
At around 7.30 am an Assam Rifles vehicle with its personnel as usual was escorting its school bus with children studying at the Kendriya Vidyalaya at Nazira when the militants lobbed the grenade at them at Kenduguri.
The grenade, however, exploded at a distance away from the school bus and escort vehicle without hitting them resulting in the providential escape of the children and the security men, the sources said.
Kenduguri is about three km away from the house of ULFA chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, who is out on bail now having started the peace talks process with the Centre.
A group of anti-talk ULFA militants under the leadership of Pradip Gogoi had sneaked into Sibsagar district through the porous Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh inter-state border for setting up camp here to resort to subversive activities, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'