Suspected ULFA militants hurl grenade
Sibsagar: Suspected ULFA insurgents lobbed a grenade at Assam Rifles personnel escorting a school bus in upper Assam`s Sibsagar district Tuesday morning but none was injured in the attack, police sources said.
All the school children and security personnel are safe, the sources said.
At around 7.30 am an Assam Rifles vehicle with its personnel as usual was escorting its school bus with children studying at the Kendriya Vidyalaya at Nazira when the militants lobbed the grenade at them at Kenduguri.
The grenade, however, exploded at a distance away from the school bus and escort vehicle without hitting them resulting in the providential escape of the children and the security men, the sources said.
Kenduguri is about three km away from the house of ULFA chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, who is out on bail now having started the peace talks process with the Centre.
A group of anti-talk ULFA militants under the leadership of Pradip Gogoi had sneaked into Sibsagar district through the porous Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh inter-state border for setting up camp here to resort to subversive activities, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray