Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar today launched the year-long celebration of
Rabindranath Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary by laying the
foundation stone of a Rs 22 crore complex here.
"Rabindranath is our cultural icon, whose literary
works and liberal thoughts are the most relevant when
terrorism and other danger were posing threat to the peace
loving people," Sarkar said.
The Rabindra complex would be completed by next 22
Presiding over the function, Tripura Information and
Cultural Affairs Minister Anil Sarkar touched upon the "very
intimate relations" between the then princely Tripura and
Tagore visited Tripura seven times and had special
rapport with three kings, Sarkar recalled.
The day was marked by dance processions taken out in
different parts of Tripura in the morning and cultural
programmes following later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video