Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar today launched the year-long celebration of
Rabindranath Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary by laying the
foundation stone of a Rs 22 crore complex here.
"Rabindranath is our cultural icon, whose literary
works and liberal thoughts are the most relevant when
terrorism and other danger were posing threat to the peace
loving people," Sarkar said.
The Rabindra complex would be completed by next 22
Presiding over the function, Tripura Information and
Cultural Affairs Minister Anil Sarkar touched upon the "very
intimate relations" between the then princely Tripura and
Tagore visited Tripura seven times and had special
rapport with three kings, Sarkar recalled.
The day was marked by dance processions taken out in
different parts of Tripura in the morning and cultural
programmes following later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire