Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar today launched the year-long celebration of
Rabindranath Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary by laying the
foundation stone of a Rs 22 crore complex here.
"Rabindranath is our cultural icon, whose literary
works and liberal thoughts are the most relevant when
terrorism and other danger were posing threat to the peace
loving people," Sarkar said.
The Rabindra complex would be completed by next 22
Presiding over the function, Tripura Information and
Cultural Affairs Minister Anil Sarkar touched upon the "very
intimate relations" between the then princely Tripura and
Tagore visited Tripura seven times and had special
rapport with three kings, Sarkar recalled.
The day was marked by dance processions taken out in
different parts of Tripura in the morning and cultural
programmes following later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!