Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar today launched the year-long celebration of
Rabindranath Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary by laying the
foundation stone of a Rs 22 crore complex here.
"Rabindranath is our cultural icon, whose literary
works and liberal thoughts are the most relevant when
terrorism and other danger were posing threat to the peace
loving people," Sarkar said.
The Rabindra complex would be completed by next 22
Presiding over the function, Tripura Information and
Cultural Affairs Minister Anil Sarkar touched upon the "very
intimate relations" between the then princely Tripura and
Tagore visited Tripura seven times and had special
rapport with three kings, Sarkar recalled.
The day was marked by dance processions taken out in
different parts of Tripura in the morning and cultural
programmes following later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'