Take action against NDFB: Khandu tells Assam
Shillong: Concerned over the killing of
civilians by the banned NDFB in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu Wednesday called on the Assam government to
take action against the insurgents.
"The incidents were very unfortunate. I condemn the
killings. Assam should take action against the militants,"
Khandu told reporters here.
Informing that Arunachal government has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to its employees gunned down by the
NDFB at Tezpur, Khandu said, "The militants have been targeting innocent civilians. It is wrong."
Asked about a possibility of a joint operation by the
two state governments against the NDFB, Khandu said, "We are
having a joint meeting early next week. Any such decision will
be taken there."
In strikes spread over 24 hours since Monday evening,
NDFB rebels have gunned down at least 24 people in different
districts of Assam.
Eight persons, mostly Arunachal Pradesh government
employees, were shot dead and 12 others injured on Monday
evening after the rebels intercepted their bus in Assam`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range