Take action against NDFB: Khandu tells Assam
Shillong: Concerned over the killing of
civilians by the banned NDFB in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu Wednesday called on the Assam government to
take action against the insurgents.
"The incidents were very unfortunate. I condemn the
killings. Assam should take action against the militants,"
Khandu told reporters here.
Informing that Arunachal government has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to its employees gunned down by the
NDFB at Tezpur, Khandu said, "The militants have been targeting innocent civilians. It is wrong."
Asked about a possibility of a joint operation by the
two state governments against the NDFB, Khandu said, "We are
having a joint meeting early next week. Any such decision will
be taken there."
In strikes spread over 24 hours since Monday evening,
NDFB rebels have gunned down at least 24 people in different
districts of Assam.
Eight persons, mostly Arunachal Pradesh government
employees, were shot dead and 12 others injured on Monday
evening after the rebels intercepted their bus in Assam`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...