Tarun Gogoi elected as Assam CLP leader
Guwahati: Tarun Gogoi was on Tuesday unanimously
elected as the Leader of the Assam Pradesh Congress
Legislature Party for the third consecutive term.
The resolution to elect Gogoi as CLP leader was read out
by the state Congress president Bhubaneswar Kalita.
Gogoi`s name was proposed by Bhumidar Barman and seconded
by Rameswar Dhanowar, senior MLAs GC Langthasa, Amiya Gogoi
and Chandan Sarkar.
All newly elected Congress MLAs then raised their hands
in support of Gogoi. He was elected in the presence of Union
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, AICC general secretary and
Congress in-charge of Assam Digvijay Singh and Union DoNER
Ministry Bijoy Handique.
Gogoi is scheduled to take oath as Chief Minister
tomorrow at the Raj Bhawan and then go to Delhi for
consultations with the party high command to finalise his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack