Tarun Gogoi elected as Assam CLP leader
Guwahati: Tarun Gogoi was on Tuesday unanimously
elected as the Leader of the Assam Pradesh Congress
Legislature Party for the third consecutive term.
The resolution to elect Gogoi as CLP leader was read out
by the state Congress president Bhubaneswar Kalita.
Gogoi`s name was proposed by Bhumidar Barman and seconded
by Rameswar Dhanowar, senior MLAs GC Langthasa, Amiya Gogoi
and Chandan Sarkar.
All newly elected Congress MLAs then raised their hands
in support of Gogoi. He was elected in the presence of Union
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, AICC general secretary and
Congress in-charge of Assam Digvijay Singh and Union DoNER
Ministry Bijoy Handique.
Gogoi is scheduled to take oath as Chief Minister
tomorrow at the Raj Bhawan and then go to Delhi for
consultations with the party high command to finalise his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy