Tarun Gogoi elected as Assam CLP leader
Guwahati: Tarun Gogoi was on Tuesday unanimously
elected as the Leader of the Assam Pradesh Congress
Legislature Party for the third consecutive term.
The resolution to elect Gogoi as CLP leader was read out
by the state Congress president Bhubaneswar Kalita.
Gogoi`s name was proposed by Bhumidar Barman and seconded
by Rameswar Dhanowar, senior MLAs GC Langthasa, Amiya Gogoi
and Chandan Sarkar.
All newly elected Congress MLAs then raised their hands
in support of Gogoi. He was elected in the presence of Union
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, AICC general secretary and
Congress in-charge of Assam Digvijay Singh and Union DoNER
Ministry Bijoy Handique.
Gogoi is scheduled to take oath as Chief Minister
tomorrow at the Raj Bhawan and then go to Delhi for
consultations with the party high command to finalise his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre