Tawang remains cut off by heavy snowfall
Itanagar: Life came to a standstill in
Tawang district in Arunachal Pradesh due to heavy snowfall in
the past few days.
The district bordering China, recorded 1-ft of
snowfall in the past two days, with temperature dipping minus
four degree Celsius, official sources said here on Friday.
Roads to Tawang and its adjoining areas including Sela
Pass have been blocked by heavy snow from the rest of the
state since Wednesday.
The markets remained closed in the district and people
preferred to remain indoors due to intense cold and snowfall.
Though the district administration has pressed its men
and machineries to clear the road at Sela Pass, the continuous
snowfall is proving to be an impediment, sources said.
Heavy snowfall is also recorded at Mechukha Valley in
West Siang district since Wednesday affecting normal life.
The blizzard which lashed the valley left the entire
township under a thick blanket of snow.
The valley has not received much snowfall in recent
years and this season’s snowfall is reportedly the since 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'