Taxis, buses off the roads in Aizawl
Aizawl: With taxies remaining off the roads
here for two days and city buses joining the agitation, normal
life was completely disrupted on Tuesday here.
The cab drivers, under the banner of Zoram Taxi Drivers
Association (ZRDA) refused to run their vehicles since
yesterday in protest against state government`s proposal that
they be off the roads for alternate two days in a week to ease
The city bus owners association also joined the stir
The Mizoram government, in a statement however,
instructed all public transport operators to work as per its
order from September 17 or face action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video