Taxis, buses off the roads in Aizawl
Aizawl: With taxies remaining off the roads
here for two days and city buses joining the agitation, normal
life was completely disrupted on Tuesday here.
The cab drivers, under the banner of Zoram Taxi Drivers
Association (ZRDA) refused to run their vehicles since
yesterday in protest against state government`s proposal that
they be off the roads for alternate two days in a week to ease
The city bus owners association also joined the stir
The Mizoram government, in a statement however,
instructed all public transport operators to work as per its
order from September 17 or face action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living