Teacher arrested on charges of raping student in East Siang district
Itanagar: An assistant teacher has been arrested in East Siang district on charges of sexual assault on a minor girl student, police said on Sunday.
On Friday, the teacher allegedly took the 10-year-old girl to the market on the pretext of taking photograph, enticed her by offering sweets and allegedly raped her in the backyard of the industrial complex at Niglok, police said.
The teacher of Niglok Upper Primary School under Ruksin block in the district was arrested yesterday following an FIR lodged by the victim`s parents. He has been remanded in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?