Teacher arrested on charges of raping student in East Siang district
Itanagar: An assistant teacher has been arrested in East Siang district on charges of sexual assault on a minor girl student, police said on Sunday.
On Friday, the teacher allegedly took the 10-year-old girl to the market on the pretext of taking photograph, enticed her by offering sweets and allegedly raped her in the backyard of the industrial complex at Niglok, police said.
The teacher of Niglok Upper Primary School under Ruksin block in the district was arrested yesterday following an FIR lodged by the victim`s parents. He has been remanded in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why