Teacher arrested on charges of raping student in East Siang district
Itanagar: An assistant teacher has been arrested in East Siang district on charges of sexual assault on a minor girl student, police said on Sunday.
On Friday, the teacher allegedly took the 10-year-old girl to the market on the pretext of taking photograph, enticed her by offering sweets and allegedly raped her in the backyard of the industrial complex at Niglok, police said.
The teacher of Niglok Upper Primary School under Ruksin block in the district was arrested yesterday following an FIR lodged by the victim`s parents. He has been remanded in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh