Ten die in Tripura road accident
Agartala: At least ten people, including three women and a child, were killed and four others injured when a jeep collided with a truck in West Tripura district, police said Wednesday.
The jeep, carrying 13 passengers, was returning from a marriage party last night when it collided with the truck-laden with straw on Dhanpur-Kathalia main road, they said.
Due to dense fog, the visibility on the road was very low, sources said.
Police said nine persons died on the spot and another succumbed to his injuries on way to a hospital.
The injured was shifted to Agartala government Medical College from a nearby primary health centre.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar has expressed his sorrow at the deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'