Tension continues in Assam-Nagaland border
Jorhat (Assam): Naga youths today torched
three farm houses and a vegetable garden at a tea estate in
Jorhat district in Assam, police said.
The incident occurred at Naganijan Tea Estate under
Mariani Revenue Circle and sparked off tension along the
Assam-Nagaland border, police said.
The All Assam Tea Tribe Students Association (AATTSA) has
been blockading the main thoroughfare at Mariani, the only
gate way to Mokokchung, Tuensang, Zonebhoto and Phek districts
of Nagaland, since earlier this week.
The blockade was undertaken after armed Naga groups
reportedly harassed the people of Naganijan Tea Estate and
injured two persons from the estate.
Top Assam officials, including DIG Eastern Range of Assam
Police Anurag Tankha and Upper Assam Commissioner Ismail
Hussian, inspected the site and took stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP