Tension continues in Assam-Nagaland border
Jorhat (Assam): Naga youths today torched
three farm houses and a vegetable garden at a tea estate in
Jorhat district in Assam, police said.
The incident occurred at Naganijan Tea Estate under
Mariani Revenue Circle and sparked off tension along the
Assam-Nagaland border, police said.
The All Assam Tea Tribe Students Association (AATTSA) has
been blockading the main thoroughfare at Mariani, the only
gate way to Mokokchung, Tuensang, Zonebhoto and Phek districts
of Nagaland, since earlier this week.
The blockade was undertaken after armed Naga groups
reportedly harassed the people of Naganijan Tea Estate and
injured two persons from the estate.
Top Assam officials, including DIG Eastern Range of Assam
Police Anurag Tankha and Upper Assam Commissioner Ismail
Hussian, inspected the site and took stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi