Tension continues in Assam-Nagaland border
Jorhat (Assam): Naga youths today torched
three farm houses and a vegetable garden at a tea estate in
Jorhat district in Assam, police said.
The incident occurred at Naganijan Tea Estate under
Mariani Revenue Circle and sparked off tension along the
Assam-Nagaland border, police said.
The All Assam Tea Tribe Students Association (AATTSA) has
been blockading the main thoroughfare at Mariani, the only
gate way to Mokokchung, Tuensang, Zonebhoto and Phek districts
of Nagaland, since earlier this week.
The blockade was undertaken after armed Naga groups
reportedly harassed the people of Naganijan Tea Estate and
injured two persons from the estate.
Top Assam officials, including DIG Eastern Range of Assam
Police Anurag Tankha and Upper Assam Commissioner Ismail
Hussian, inspected the site and took stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'