Tension in Manipur village following gunfight
Imphal: Tension prevailed at Khamason village in Manipur`s Ukhrul district bordering Myanmar following a gunfight between two groups over a piece of land.
The police said that two groups - one led by the chairman of the village authority and other by the chief of the village - exchanged fire over the ownership of the land yesterday.
Police forces from district headquarters and nearby places rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The police said that no one was injured in the incident and all the guns used by the two groups were licenced. No one has been arrested yet.
Police forces remained deployed at the hilly village to prevent any untoward incident while attempts were being made by some village leaders to arrive at an amicable solution by involving the two groups in talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- China's first driverless subway line to launch in 2017
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte
- SC asks banks to respond to Vijay Mallya's plea against contempt notice
- SOCIAL MEDIA STORM! 'Use better photo of mine' - 18-year-old 'looks-conscious' WANTED woman tells media
- This is how Jain monk Tarun Sagar responded to Vishal Dadlani's tweets