Tension in Manipur village following gunfight
Imphal: Tension prevailed at Khamason village in Manipur`s Ukhrul district bordering Myanmar following a gunfight between two groups over a piece of land.
The police said that two groups - one led by the chairman of the village authority and other by the chief of the village - exchanged fire over the ownership of the land yesterday.
Police forces from district headquarters and nearby places rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The police said that no one was injured in the incident and all the guns used by the two groups were licenced. No one has been arrested yet.
Police forces remained deployed at the hilly village to prevent any untoward incident while attempts were being made by some village leaders to arrive at an amicable solution by involving the two groups in talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri
- Anantnag bypolls: Mehbooba Mufti wins by over 12,000 votes, Congress calls it "murder of democracy"
- World stocks tumble; lose over $2 trillion as Britain votes for EU exit