Tension in Manipur village following gunfight
Imphal: Tension prevailed at Khamason village in Manipur`s Ukhrul district bordering Myanmar following a gunfight between two groups over a piece of land.
The police said that two groups - one led by the chairman of the village authority and other by the chief of the village - exchanged fire over the ownership of the land yesterday.
Police forces from district headquarters and nearby places rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The police said that no one was injured in the incident and all the guns used by the two groups were licenced. No one has been arrested yet.
Police forces remained deployed at the hilly village to prevent any untoward incident while attempts were being made by some village leaders to arrive at an amicable solution by involving the two groups in talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Three die in flash floods, house collapse in Jammu
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving