Tezpur varsity V-C gets alumunus award
Guwahati: The prestigious "Distinguished
Alumunus Award" of the IIT, Kharagpur, has been conferred on
eminent scientist and Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University
Prof Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri.
The award is presented to selected alumni of the
country`s premier institute in recognition of their
outstanding contribution in their professional fields.
The award for the year 2010 was presented to Chaudhuri
along with eleven other distinguished personalities by Union
Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibbal recently, an IIT press
release said here today.
A fellow of the Indian Academy of sciences and Indian
national science academy Chaudhuri was earlier awarded the
prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?