Tezpur varsity V-C gets alumunus award
Guwahati: The prestigious "Distinguished
Alumunus Award" of the IIT, Kharagpur, has been conferred on
eminent scientist and Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University
Prof Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri.
The award is presented to selected alumni of the
country`s premier institute in recognition of their
outstanding contribution in their professional fields.
The award for the year 2010 was presented to Chaudhuri
along with eleven other distinguished personalities by Union
Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibbal recently, an IIT press
release said here today.
A fellow of the Indian Academy of sciences and Indian
national science academy Chaudhuri was earlier awarded the
prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj