Tezpur varsity V-C gets alumunus award
Guwahati: The prestigious "Distinguished
Alumunus Award" of the IIT, Kharagpur, has been conferred on
eminent scientist and Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University
Prof Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri.
The award is presented to selected alumni of the
country`s premier institute in recognition of their
outstanding contribution in their professional fields.
The award for the year 2010 was presented to Chaudhuri
along with eleven other distinguished personalities by Union
Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibbal recently, an IIT press
release said here today.
A fellow of the Indian Academy of sciences and Indian
national science academy Chaudhuri was earlier awarded the
prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar prize.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court