Tezpur varsity V-C gets alumunus award
Guwahati: The prestigious "Distinguished
Alumunus Award" of the IIT, Kharagpur, has been conferred on
eminent scientist and Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University
Prof Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri.
The award is presented to selected alumni of the
country`s premier institute in recognition of their
outstanding contribution in their professional fields.
The award for the year 2010 was presented to Chaudhuri
along with eleven other distinguished personalities by Union
Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibbal recently, an IIT press
release said here today.
A fellow of the Indian Academy of sciences and Indian
national science academy Chaudhuri was earlier awarded the
prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster