Tezpur varsity V-C gets alumunus award
Guwahati: The prestigious "Distinguished
Alumunus Award" of the IIT, Kharagpur, has been conferred on
eminent scientist and Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University
Prof Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri.
The award is presented to selected alumni of the
country`s premier institute in recognition of their
outstanding contribution in their professional fields.
The award for the year 2010 was presented to Chaudhuri
along with eleven other distinguished personalities by Union
Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibbal recently, an IIT press
release said here today.
A fellow of the Indian Academy of sciences and Indian
national science academy Chaudhuri was earlier awarded the
prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September