The guilty will be punished: Antony on VVIP chopper scam
Shillong: The alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600-crore VVIP helicopter deal were being probed and the guilty would be punished, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Saturday.
"The CBI is enquiring into the whole thing and whoever is guilty will be punished," Antony who arrived here to campaign for the Congress for the February 23 assembly elections in Meghalaya, told reporters.
Asked whether the repeated price hike of petrol, inflation and scams would have a negative impact in the state, the Congress leader said, "No I don?t think so, people know what we are trying to do solve these problems.
"The oil price is shooting up like anything and it is beyond our control, but we are trying to contain inflation," he said.
Pointing out that employment generation was also the party?s top priority, Antony said, "We are concentrating on giving more employment to the youths."
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Antony said, "Congress is the oldest and only national secular party that can keep the country together and Meghalaya by and large has a strong conviction about secularism."
He said that the party was focusing and committed in giving basic needs to the people including food, healthcare, drinking water and sanitation.
Antony said that the state government with the cooperation of the Centre would do a lot of work for the welfare of the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout