The guilty will be punished: Antony on VVIP chopper scam
Shillong: The alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600-crore VVIP helicopter deal were being probed and the guilty would be punished, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Saturday.
"The CBI is enquiring into the whole thing and whoever is guilty will be punished," Antony who arrived here to campaign for the Congress for the February 23 assembly elections in Meghalaya, told reporters.
Asked whether the repeated price hike of petrol, inflation and scams would have a negative impact in the state, the Congress leader said, "No I don?t think so, people know what we are trying to do solve these problems.
"The oil price is shooting up like anything and it is beyond our control, but we are trying to contain inflation," he said.
Pointing out that employment generation was also the party?s top priority, Antony said, "We are concentrating on giving more employment to the youths."
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Antony said, "Congress is the oldest and only national secular party that can keep the country together and Meghalaya by and large has a strong conviction about secularism."
He said that the party was focusing and committed in giving basic needs to the people including food, healthcare, drinking water and sanitation.
Antony said that the state government with the cooperation of the Centre would do a lot of work for the welfare of the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks