The guilty will be punished: Antony on VVIP chopper scam
Shillong: The alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600-crore VVIP helicopter deal were being probed and the guilty would be punished, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Saturday.
"The CBI is enquiring into the whole thing and whoever is guilty will be punished," Antony who arrived here to campaign for the Congress for the February 23 assembly elections in Meghalaya, told reporters.
Asked whether the repeated price hike of petrol, inflation and scams would have a negative impact in the state, the Congress leader said, "No I don?t think so, people know what we are trying to do solve these problems.
"The oil price is shooting up like anything and it is beyond our control, but we are trying to contain inflation," he said.
Pointing out that employment generation was also the party?s top priority, Antony said, "We are concentrating on giving more employment to the youths."
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Antony said, "Congress is the oldest and only national secular party that can keep the country together and Meghalaya by and large has a strong conviction about secularism."
He said that the party was focusing and committed in giving basic needs to the people including food, healthcare, drinking water and sanitation.
Antony said that the state government with the cooperation of the Centre would do a lot of work for the welfare of the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing