Third phase of repatriation of Bru refugees deferred
Aizawl: The third phase of repatriation of
Bru refugees from six relief camps in North Tripura district
that was scheduled to begin from Tuesday, has been deferred due
to a difference of opinion about the age limit of children,
who will be considered as minors for getting ration supply.
Two teams, sent to identify the refugees, differed on the
issue of the age of the minors requiring re-verification, the
"While one group determined minors as those to be below
12 years another team fixed the limit at eight years," they
Mizoram government`s policy on ration cards regarded
people below the age of 12 as minors.
The state government proposed to repatriate around 100
Bru families in the third phase and another 400 families in
the fourth phase, they said, adding, that the third phase
would be conducted as soon as the differences on this issue is
Once repatriated, they would be resettled in
Ihthiang, Tumpanglui, Khanthuam, Damdiai, Tuipuibari and
Damparengpui villages of Mamit district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000