Third phase of repatriation of Bru refugees deferred
Aizawl: The third phase of repatriation of
Bru refugees from six relief camps in North Tripura district
that was scheduled to begin from Tuesday, has been deferred due
to a difference of opinion about the age limit of children,
who will be considered as minors for getting ration supply.
Two teams, sent to identify the refugees, differed on the
issue of the age of the minors requiring re-verification, the
"While one group determined minors as those to be below
12 years another team fixed the limit at eight years," they
Mizoram government`s policy on ration cards regarded
people below the age of 12 as minors.
The state government proposed to repatriate around 100
Bru families in the third phase and another 400 families in
the fourth phase, they said, adding, that the third phase
would be conducted as soon as the differences on this issue is
Once repatriated, they would be resettled in
Ihthiang, Tumpanglui, Khanthuam, Damdiai, Tuipuibari and
Damparengpui villages of Mamit district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site