Third phase of repatriation of Bru refugees deferred
Aizawl: The third phase of repatriation of
Bru refugees from six relief camps in North Tripura district
that was scheduled to begin from on Tuesday, has been deferred due
to a difference of opinion about the age limit of children,
who will be considered as minors for getting ration supply.
Two teams, sent to identify the refugees, differed on the
issue of the age of the minors requiring re-verification, the
"While one group determined minors as those to be below
12 years another team fixed the limit at eight years," they
Mizoram government`s policy on ration cards regarded
people below the age of 12 as minors.
The state government proposed to repatriate around 100
Bru families in the third phase and another 400 families in
the fourth phase, they said, adding, that the third phase
would be conducted as soon as the differences on this issue is
Once repatriated, they would be resettled in
Ihthiang, Tumpanglui, Khanthuam, Damdiai, Tuipuibari and
Damparengpui villages of Mamit district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'