Thomas assures to solve PDS crisis in Arunachal
Itanagar: Union Food & Public Distribution Minister Prof KV Thomas has assured to solve PDS
crisis in Arunachal Pradesh by engaging more trucks to transport essential commodities, officials said Thursday.
As food crisis haunts the land-locked state for the last two months despite the Centre being appraised of the poor delivery of the Food Corporation of India (FCI), an Arunachal
team led by Food & Civil Supplies (FCS) Minister Kamlung
Mosang called on Prof Thomas at New Delhi yesterday to seek
his help, sources said.
Accompanied by MP Takam Sanjoy, Parliamentary
Secretaries Nido Pavitra (FCS) and Padi Richo (LM & UD),
Mosang highlighted how FCI`s supply system was crippled by
conversion of meter gauge to broad gauge railway lines.
Thomas directed his department officials to take
tangible steps to redress the problem and meet the FCI CMD
Shiraj Hussain and other officials as there should not be
shortfall as stocks are allocated to the region, sources said.
On the state delegation`s plea for one-time settlement
of pending HTS (Hill Transport Subsidy) bills as directed by
various courts, the union minister agreed to posting of
regular general manager at Itanagar FCI`s regional office,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days