Three Arunachal prisoners admitted to hospital
Guwahati: Three of the 24 Arunachal Pradesh prisoners who were on hunger strike in Lakhimpur jail were admitted to hospital today as their health condition deteriorated, official sources said in Itanagar.
The three prisoners serving life term in the prison had been on a hunger strike with 21 others since Monday demanding their transfer to central jail in their home state`s Itanagar
as the food and other facilities provided to them were "not good".
However, the 21 other prisoners, interned for various crimes, withdrew their strike claiming they were misled by the three.
With their condition worsening, the three prisoners were admitted to Lakhimpur Civil Hospital for medical care, the sources said.
The prisoners were identified as Khuda Pagia, Jero Niring and Pame Hase.
The prisoners` request was regularly forwarded to the recently established Itanagar Central Jail but its authorities and Aruanachal home department expressed their inability to accomodate them due to limited capacity in the jail that could house 40 male and 10 female prisoners.
Due to absence of jails in Arunachal Pradesh till the setting up of the Itanagar jail, all prisoners from there were kept in the jails of Assam along the inter-state boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video