Three Arunachal prisoners admitted to hospital
Guwahati: Three of the 24 Arunachal Pradesh prisoners who were on hunger strike in Lakhimpur jail were admitted to hospital today as their health condition deteriorated, official sources said in Itanagar.
The three prisoners serving life term in the prison had been on a hunger strike with 21 others since Monday demanding their transfer to central jail in their home state`s Itanagar
as the food and other facilities provided to them were "not good".
However, the 21 other prisoners, interned for various crimes, withdrew their strike claiming they were misled by the three.
With their condition worsening, the three prisoners were admitted to Lakhimpur Civil Hospital for medical care, the sources said.
The prisoners were identified as Khuda Pagia, Jero Niring and Pame Hase.
The prisoners` request was regularly forwarded to the recently established Itanagar Central Jail but its authorities and Aruanachal home department expressed their inability to accomodate them due to limited capacity in the jail that could house 40 male and 10 female prisoners.
Due to absence of jails in Arunachal Pradesh till the setting up of the Itanagar jail, all prisoners from there were kept in the jails of Assam along the inter-state boundary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram