Three Arunachal prisoners admitted to hospital
Guwahati: Three of the 24 Arunachal Pradesh prisoners who were on hunger strike in Lakhimpur jail were admitted to hospital today as their health condition deteriorated, official sources said in Itanagar.
The three prisoners serving life term in the prison had been on a hunger strike with 21 others since Monday demanding their transfer to central jail in their home state`s Itanagar
as the food and other facilities provided to them were "not good".
However, the 21 other prisoners, interned for various crimes, withdrew their strike claiming they were misled by the three.
With their condition worsening, the three prisoners were admitted to Lakhimpur Civil Hospital for medical care, the sources said.
The prisoners were identified as Khuda Pagia, Jero Niring and Pame Hase.
The prisoners` request was regularly forwarded to the recently established Itanagar Central Jail but its authorities and Aruanachal home department expressed their inability to accomodate them due to limited capacity in the jail that could house 40 male and 10 female prisoners.
Due to absence of jails in Arunachal Pradesh till the setting up of the Itanagar jail, all prisoners from there were kept in the jails of Assam along the inter-state boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack