Three Bangladeshi nationals apprehended by BSF in Meghalaya
Shillong: Three Bangladesh nationals were apprehended along India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya, BSF sources said today.
Two Bangladesh-based smugglers were apprehended by BSF troops of BOP Dawki in West Jaintia Hills district while they were trying to cross the border last night.
The apprehended persons were identified as Md Rippan and Md Sippan, both hailing from Rousulpur village under Gainghat Police Station in Sylhet district, the BSF said.
During search, 14 bottles of liquor, some Indian rupees along with Bangladeshi Taka, two mobiles with two Bangladeshi SIM, were recovered from their possessions, the BSF said.
Another Bangladeshi national identified as Anamuddin of Bangladesh`s Sylhet district was apprehended by BSF troops in East Jaintia Hills district while he was trying to cross the border, they said.
Anamuddin possessed a fake Indian voter ID under the name of Atuar Rahman of Assam`s Karimganj district, the BSF said in a release.
The apprehended person and seized items have been handed over to the police for further disposal and legal action, the BSF said.
Last week, BSF troops seized 346 bottle liquor, 100.34 cubic feet of wooden logs, eight cattle and other contraband items worth over Rs 4 lakh along border with Bangladesh in Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP