Three Bangladeshi nationals arrested in Meghalaya
Shillong: Three Bangladeshi nationals were arrested in Meghalaya`s South West Khasi Hills district while they were allegedly trying to illegally cross over into India, BSF officials said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific input that several Bangladeshi nationals are trying to cross over the border, BSF team deployed in the district laid ambush and apprehended the trio, they said.
The apprehended were identified as Sojen Hajong, Noyen Hajong and Mikhail Sonal, all hailing from Dakiyapara village in Bangladesh`s Mymensingh district.
During preliminary interrogation, the apprehended Bangladesh nationals revealed that they were going to coal mine areas to work as daily wage labourers, the BSF said.
In the past two week, BSF has also seized cattle, forest produce and other contraband items estimated to be over nine lakh rupees.
The apprehended persons and seized items have been handed over to the police and customs for further disposal and legal action as per law of land, the BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information