Three cabinet ministers sworn-in in Manipur
Imphal: The three-day old Congress
ministry in Manipur led by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh was
on Friday expanded by inducting three senior Congress leaders at a
simple function in Raj Bhavan.
Governor Gurbachan Jagat administered the oath of
office and secrecy to former tribal development minister and
state PCC president Gaikhangam, former forest minister Th
Debendra Singh and former electricity minister Phungzathang
"I will expand the ministry after the three-day
assembly session beginning from March 19," Ibobi Singh said
after the swearing in ceremony.
Asked whether there was a problem for swearing in all
the ministers, Ibobi Singh said the party high command has to
be consulted for everything.
Manipur with a 60-member assembly cannot have more
than 12 ministers as per provisions of the Constitution.
Congress sources said that there was some
misunderstanding among party leaders because some senior
members wanted to be included, but a section of the people
wanted some junior faces who were elected for the first time.
They also said a section of party leader wanted
women`s representation in the ministry and two women
legislators, the wife of the chief minister, Landhoni Devi and
Mirabai Devi who defeated former chief minister L Chandramani
Singh, should be inducted.
The chief minister said that all issues would be
settled and portfolios allocated only after the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you