Three candidates so far for Chalfilh bypoll
Aizawl: With the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) announced its official candidate for the coming by-poll to the Chalfilh assembly seat on Monday, there were three candidates already announced to contest the by-election scheduled to be held on February 23.
C Lalchhandama, a retired secretary of the Mizoram Public Service Commission (MPSC) would be fielded by the ZNP, which has two legislators in the 40-member state assembly, to contest the coming by-poll.
Earlier the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) had announced that the party president Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of former chief minister Brigadier Thenphunga Sailo would be the party`s official candidate for the Chalhfilh assembly by-election.
The BJP also announced that Ramkinlova, who had unsuccessfully contested for two times from the seat, would be the party candidate again.
Meanwhile, the ruling Congress and the main opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) were yet to announce their nominee even as the notification for the by-poll would be issued on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie