Three charred to death in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman, her baby boy and another minor were charred to death in her house in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Durka Lyngdoh, 19, her seven-month boy and her three-year-old niece Hasina Lyngdoh were burnt to death late Tuesday night at Sohkymphor Market in East Jaintia Hills district, about 120 east of Shillong.
MK Dkhar, district police chief, told IANS that preliminary investigation indicated that carelessness in with a burning candle may have caused the fire.
Dkhar said nine stalls were also reduced to ashes as the fire went out of control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug