Three charred to death in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman, her baby boy and another minor were charred to death in her house in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Durka Lyngdoh, 19, her seven-month boy and her three-year-old niece Hasina Lyngdoh were burnt to death late Tuesday night at Sohkymphor Market in East Jaintia Hills district, about 120 east of Shillong.
MK Dkhar, district police chief, told IANS that preliminary investigation indicated that carelessness in with a burning candle may have caused the fire.
Dkhar said nine stalls were also reduced to ashes as the fire went out of control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security