Three charred to death in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman, her baby boy and another minor were charred to death in her house in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Durka Lyngdoh, 19, her seven-month boy and her three-year-old niece Hasina Lyngdoh were burnt to death late Tuesday night at Sohkymphor Market in East Jaintia Hills district, about 120 east of Shillong.
MK Dkhar, district police chief, told IANS that preliminary investigation indicated that carelessness in with a burning candle may have caused the fire.
Dkhar said nine stalls were also reduced to ashes as the fire went out of control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights