Three charred to death in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman, her baby boy and another minor were charred to death in her house in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Durka Lyngdoh, 19, her seven-month boy and her three-year-old niece Hasina Lyngdoh were burnt to death late Tuesday night at Sohkymphor Market in East Jaintia Hills district, about 120 east of Shillong.
MK Dkhar, district police chief, told IANS that preliminary investigation indicated that carelessness in with a burning candle may have caused the fire.
Dkhar said nine stalls were also reduced to ashes as the fire went out of control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report