Three charred to death in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman, her baby boy and another minor were charred to death in her house in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Durka Lyngdoh, 19, her seven-month boy and her three-year-old niece Hasina Lyngdoh were burnt to death late Tuesday night at Sohkymphor Market in East Jaintia Hills district, about 120 east of Shillong.
MK Dkhar, district police chief, told IANS that preliminary investigation indicated that carelessness in with a burning candle may have caused the fire.
Dkhar said nine stalls were also reduced to ashes as the fire went out of control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets