Three Cong ministers had given money to ULFA: Mahanta
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Sunday alleged that three Congress
ministers had given money to the banned ULFA.
Without naming the ministers, Mahanta alleged at a
press meet here that instead of accusing him, Chief Minister
Tarun Gogoi should look within his cabinet in which there were
three members who have given money to the ULFA.
Mahanta was reacting to the Chief Minister`s
allegation on December 10 that the AGP and ULFA are very close
by saying that both are "actually cousin brothers".
"The chief minister is a two-faced person who says
something in the morning and something else at night," he
Reacting to Gogoi`s statement that his government was
dealing with the "secret killings" that rocked the state in
2000 as a "political issue", Mahanta said, "Yes, the Congress
always deals with the issue during elections for political
The former chief minister demanded that if the state
government was really interested to get to the bottom of the
issue of secret killings, then it should investigate all cases
of killings since 1991.
The secret killing is attributed to the series of
killings of family members of ULFA leaders and cadres by
suspected surrendered ULFA (SULFA) members in 2000 allegedly
at the behest of then AGP government led by Mahanta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL