Three farmers killed in lightning in Assam
Morigaon: Three farmers were killed and four
others injured when lightning struck them in Assam`s Morigaon
district today, as heavy rains continued to lash the region.
The incident happened at Thengbhanga area when the seven
farmers, who were camping in a hut in their paddy field for
harvesting, were struck by a thunderbolt, police said.
While three of them died on the spot, four others injured
were rushed to Gauhati Medical College Hospital, they said.
The district has been hit by torrential rains accompanied
by thunder since the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’