Three GNLA linkmen arrested in Meghalaya
Shillong: Two linkmen of the proscribed militant Garo National Liberation Army were arrested near the international border in Meghalayas South West Garo Hills district.
Acting on specific intelligence inputs, commandos of BSF and Special Weapons and Tactics of the state police arrested the linkmen, Janath D Sangma and Mathani Momin, residents of Arrengre village in the district, from Betasing market under Ampati police station last evening, BSF officials said on Tuesday.
Three mobile phones, SIM cards, extra batteries, driving license one voter ID card were seized from their possession.
A pistol was recoevred from Sangma`s residence on leads provided during interrogation, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest