Three GNLA linkmen arrested in Meghalaya
Shillong: Two linkmen of the proscribed militant Garo National Liberation Army were arrested near the international border in Meghalayas South West Garo Hills district.
Acting on specific intelligence inputs, commandos of BSF and Special Weapons and Tactics of the state police arrested the linkmen, Janath D Sangma and Mathani Momin, residents of Arrengre village in the district, from Betasing market under Ampati police station last evening, BSF officials said on Tuesday.
Three mobile phones, SIM cards, extra batteries, driving license one voter ID card were seized from their possession.
A pistol was recoevred from Sangma`s residence on leads provided during interrogation, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony