Three GNLA militants held
Shillong: Three militants, including a woman, of the outlawed Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested from South West Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off on the presence of GNLA cadres in Karaigora area of the district, BSF and the state police commandos conducted a raid and captured 20-year-old Kumari M Sangma along with her child last evening from Lower Puksora village.
Later, on the information provided by her, the security forces apprehended another GNLA cadre identified as Chota N Sangma (30) of the same village and an over ground worker of the outfit identified as Rot N Mena Sangma (20) from nearby Parchring village, the sources said.
A 0.22 mm revolver and six GNLA demand notes were seized from the three who, the police said, confessed that they were GNLA cadres and were involved in extortion and other militant activities in the district.
The Centre has categorised the GNLA as an outlawed terror organization in January this year. It is involved in kidnapping, abduction and extortion and killing of security forces and civilians in at least five western Garo Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed