Three GNLA militants held
Shillong: Three militants, including a woman, of the outlawed Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested from South West Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off on the presence of GNLA cadres in Karaigora area of the district, BSF and the state police commandos conducted a raid and captured 20-year-old Kumari M Sangma along with her child last evening from Lower Puksora village.
Later, on the information provided by her, the security forces apprehended another GNLA cadre identified as Chota N Sangma (30) of the same village and an over ground worker of the outfit identified as Rot N Mena Sangma (20) from nearby Parchring village, the sources said.
A 0.22 mm revolver and six GNLA demand notes were seized from the three who, the police said, confessed that they were GNLA cadres and were involved in extortion and other militant activities in the district.
The Centre has categorised the GNLA as an outlawed terror organization in January this year. It is involved in kidnapping, abduction and extortion and killing of security forces and civilians in at least five western Garo Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- This is what a Pakistani thinks why cow is sacred for Hindus - Watch
- Security forces kill separatist guerilla in Jammu & Kashmir's Kupwara
- DU admissions 2016 first online cut-off list to be declared today
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh