Three GNLA militants held
Shillong: Three militants, including a woman, of the outlawed Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested from South West Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off on the presence of GNLA cadres in Karaigora area of the district, BSF and the state police commandos conducted a raid and captured 20-year-old Kumari M Sangma along with her child last evening from Lower Puksora village.
Later, on the information provided by her, the security forces apprehended another GNLA cadre identified as Chota N Sangma (30) of the same village and an over ground worker of the outfit identified as Rot N Mena Sangma (20) from nearby Parchring village, the sources said.
A 0.22 mm revolver and six GNLA demand notes were seized from the three who, the police said, confessed that they were GNLA cadres and were involved in extortion and other militant activities in the district.
The Centre has categorised the GNLA as an outlawed terror organization in January this year. It is involved in kidnapping, abduction and extortion and killing of security forces and civilians in at least five western Garo Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands