Three GNLA terrorists killed in encounter, arms recovered
Guwahati: Three Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) terrorists were killed during an encounter with security forces and arms and ammunitions also seized in Goalpara district in the wee hours Friday.
"Three GNLA militants were killed in the encounter at the Kasumari under the Krishnai police station in Goalpara district," an Assam Police spokesperson said here.
The identification of the extremists is yet to be done, he added.
"Police recovered three 9mm pistols, seven rounds of live cartridges of Insas rifle, two gelatins, some explosive substances and coil from the spot," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill