Three GNLA terrorists killed in encounter, arms recovered
Guwahati: Three Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) terrorists were killed during an encounter with security forces and arms and ammunitions also seized in Goalpara district in the wee hours Friday.
"Three GNLA militants were killed in the encounter at the Kasumari under the Krishnai police station in Goalpara district," an Assam Police spokesperson said here.
The identification of the extremists is yet to be done, he added.
"Police recovered three 9mm pistols, seven rounds of live cartridges of Insas rifle, two gelatins, some explosive substances and coil from the spot," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!