Three GNLA terrorists killed in encounter, arms recovered
Guwahati: Three Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) terrorists were killed during an encounter with security forces and arms and ammunitions also seized in Goalpara district in the wee hours Friday.
"Three GNLA militants were killed in the encounter at the Kasumari under the Krishnai police station in Goalpara district," an Assam Police spokesperson said here.
The identification of the extremists is yet to be done, he added.
"Police recovered three 9mm pistols, seven rounds of live cartridges of Insas rifle, two gelatins, some explosive substances and coil from the spot," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug