Three injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: At least three persons were injured when a bomb, planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel, exploded in Ghari Lamkhai area in Imphal west district of Manipur Wednesday.
The bomb went off at around 10 AM injuring three passers-by by its splinters. They were immediately taken to a nearby private hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger.
According to preliminary police report, the bomb might have been planted in the wee hours by suspected militants to attack security personnel who used to pass through the area regularly.
Police and paramilitary forces surrounded the area minutes after the blast and launched search operation after blocking all exit points but no arrest is made so far. It is not yet known whether the militants used remote-controlled device or timer to explode it. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out the cheapest, most expensive five-star rooms in the world
- Video: Watch Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli doing 'Bhangra'
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike