Three injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: At least three persons were injured when a bomb, planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel, exploded in Ghari Lamkhai area in Imphal west district of Manipur Wednesday.
The bomb went off at around 10 AM injuring three passers-by by its splinters. They were immediately taken to a nearby private hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger.
According to preliminary police report, the bomb might have been planted in the wee hours by suspected militants to attack security personnel who used to pass through the area regularly.
Police and paramilitary forces surrounded the area minutes after the blast and launched search operation after blocking all exit points but no arrest is made so far. It is not yet known whether the militants used remote-controlled device or timer to explode it. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'