Three injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: At least three persons were injured when a bomb, planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel, exploded in Ghari Lamkhai area in Imphal west district of Manipur Wednesday.
The bomb went off at around 10 AM injuring three passers-by by its splinters. They were immediately taken to a nearby private hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger.
According to preliminary police report, the bomb might have been planted in the wee hours by suspected militants to attack security personnel who used to pass through the area regularly.
Police and paramilitary forces surrounded the area minutes after the blast and launched search operation after blocking all exit points but no arrest is made so far. It is not yet known whether the militants used remote-controlled device or timer to explode it. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users