Three insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three insurgents of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), have been arrested by a combined team of security personnel from an interior village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police sources said on Tuesday.
Sources said the insurgents identified as S Thoiba, Mutum Shanta and Yumkham Chaothoi were nabbed during a search operation at Andro area where PLA insurgents ambushed a party of police commandos yesterday.
It was not yet known whether the three, who were arrested yesterday afternoon, were involved in the ambush by exploding a improvised explosive device using a remote-controlled device while the commandos were approaching Andro area, sources said.
They said PLA flags and some mobile phones were recovered from the arrested persons who have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further interrogation.
Meanwhile, official sources said said security and police personnel were put on alert at different places to prevent any untoward incident because today was the 34th Raising Day of the PLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir