Three insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three insurgents of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), have been arrested by a combined team of security personnel from an interior village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police sources said on Tuesday.
Sources said the insurgents identified as S Thoiba, Mutum Shanta and Yumkham Chaothoi were nabbed during a search operation at Andro area where PLA insurgents ambushed a party of police commandos yesterday.
It was not yet known whether the three, who were arrested yesterday afternoon, were involved in the ambush by exploding a improvised explosive device using a remote-controlled device while the commandos were approaching Andro area, sources said.
They said PLA flags and some mobile phones were recovered from the arrested persons who have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further interrogation.
Meanwhile, official sources said said security and police personnel were put on alert at different places to prevent any untoward incident because today was the 34th Raising Day of the PLA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'