Three insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three insurgents of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), have been arrested by a combined team of security personnel from an interior village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police sources said on Tuesday.
Sources said the insurgents identified as S Thoiba, Mutum Shanta and Yumkham Chaothoi were nabbed during a search operation at Andro area where PLA insurgents ambushed a party of police commandos yesterday.
It was not yet known whether the three, who were arrested yesterday afternoon, were involved in the ambush by exploding a improvised explosive device using a remote-controlled device while the commandos were approaching Andro area, sources said.
They said PLA flags and some mobile phones were recovered from the arrested persons who have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further interrogation.
Meanwhile, official sources said said security and police personnel were put on alert at different places to prevent any untoward incident because today was the 34th Raising Day of the PLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog