Three `kidnappers` lynched in Assam
Goalpara: Suspecting them to be behind the abduction of two school students, villagers lynched three persons today in Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
The students were kidnapped on September 1 from Krishnai Bazar here. Meghalaya and Assam Police launched a joint operation in the area bordering the two states following which the kidnappers released the boys on September 3.
The students returned to their village, Bolbola Borbhita Sotipora, whose residents suspected three persons to be behind the kidnapping and beat them up today, police said.
While one died on the spot, another succumbed on way to hospital and the third succumbed to his injuries at Goalpara Civil Hospital, they said.
The three were identified as Uebec Sangma, Jolly R Marak and Rakhil Marak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS