Three `kidnappers` lynched in Assam
Goalpara: Suspecting them to be behind the abduction of two school students, villagers lynched three persons today in Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
The students were kidnapped on September 1 from Krishnai Bazar here. Meghalaya and Assam Police launched a joint operation in the area bordering the two states following which the kidnappers released the boys on September 3.
The students returned to their village, Bolbola Borbhita Sotipora, whose residents suspected three persons to be behind the kidnapping and beat them up today, police said.
While one died on the spot, another succumbed on way to hospital and the third succumbed to his injuries at Goalpara Civil Hospital, they said.
The three were identified as Uebec Sangma, Jolly R Marak and Rakhil Marak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation