Three `kidnappers` lynched in Assam
Goalpara: Suspecting them to be behind the abduction of two school students, villagers lynched three persons today in Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
The students were kidnapped on September 1 from Krishnai Bazar here. Meghalaya and Assam Police launched a joint operation in the area bordering the two states following which the kidnappers released the boys on September 3.
The students returned to their village, Bolbola Borbhita Sotipora, whose residents suspected three persons to be behind the kidnapping and beat them up today, police said.
While one died on the spot, another succumbed on way to hospital and the third succumbed to his injuries at Goalpara Civil Hospital, they said.
The three were identified as Uebec Sangma, Jolly R Marak and Rakhil Marak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing