Three `kidnappers` lynched in Assam
Goalpara: Suspecting them to be behind the abduction of two school students, villagers lynched three persons today in Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
The students were kidnapped on September 1 from Krishnai Bazar here. Meghalaya and Assam Police launched a joint operation in the area bordering the two states following which the kidnappers released the boys on September 3.
The students returned to their village, Bolbola Borbhita Sotipora, whose residents suspected three persons to be behind the kidnapping and beat them up today, police said.
While one died on the spot, another succumbed on way to hospital and the third succumbed to his injuries at Goalpara Civil Hospital, they said.
The three were identified as Uebec Sangma, Jolly R Marak and Rakhil Marak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'