Three killed in Manipur encounter
Imphal: Three insurgents were killed in an
encounter with police commandos in Imphal West district of
Manipur, police said on Monday.
Following reports of movement of some ultras, commandos
rushed to Iroisemba area, about 15 km from here, at around 9
pm last night and saw some youths moving in suspicious manner.
When asked to stop for verification, the youths fired at
them and in the ensuing encounter, three suspected insurgents
Their identities were not yet known and bodies sent to
Regional Insitute of Medical Science and Hospital for post
The police recovered from the spot several arms, including
one AK-56 rifle, one M20-pistol and several rounds of
ammunition besides one grenade and improvised explosive
It was not immediately known whether the victims had come
to the area to disturb Congress candidates or workers for the
forthcoming January 28 assembly elections.
Seven major insurgent organisations had `banned` Congress
candidates and workers in the coming elections saying the
party was against the `revolutionary movement` in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends