Three members of a family charred to death
Itanagar: At least three people of a family were charred to death in a fire that broke out at Yadhi village in Papum Pare district.
The cause of the fire which took place on Sunday was yet to be ascertained, a delayed official report said here today.
In the incident, three members of a family who were charred were identified as Yarda Talik (25), his wife Yarda Yaw (22) and two-year-old daughter Yarda Esther, the report said.
Toru Circle officer Tame Yajum, along with Doimukh extra assistant commissioner Mamang Padung Doke and other government officials rushed to the spot after receiving the information, to take stock of situation.
An FIR has been lodged at Doimukh police station and the matter was being investigated, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data