Three militants arrested, explosives recovered in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) were arrested along with highly explosive materials during a search operation by police commandos from Bashikhong area in Imphal East district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a massive search operation was launched at various parts of the district yesterday during which three PREPAK cadres identified as N Inao Singh (32), Ngangbam Mangal Meitei (29) and Ngangbam Inaocha Singh (38) were arrested, they said.
Highly explosive materials, including three plastic explosive kriki (PEK), two China-make hand grenades and a remote-controlled device were recovered from their possession, sources said, adding, that the militants were planning to attack security personnel by planting the explosive materials.
During the interrogation, they confessed to the police that the explosive materials were handed over to them by a senior cadre of PREPAK identified as Dinesh Singh, who is now allegedly staying in an interior part of Myanmar, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing