Three militants arrested, explosives recovered in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) were arrested along with highly explosive materials during a search operation by police commandos from Bashikhong area in Imphal East district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a massive search operation was launched at various parts of the district yesterday during which three PREPAK cadres identified as N Inao Singh (32), Ngangbam Mangal Meitei (29) and Ngangbam Inaocha Singh (38) were arrested, they said.
Highly explosive materials, including three plastic explosive kriki (PEK), two China-make hand grenades and a remote-controlled device were recovered from their possession, sources said, adding, that the militants were planning to attack security personnel by planting the explosive materials.
During the interrogation, they confessed to the police that the explosive materials were handed over to them by a senior cadre of PREPAK identified as Dinesh Singh, who is now allegedly staying in an interior part of Myanmar, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi