Three militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants have been arrested during various search operations in Manipur, officials said Monday.
A militant of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) identified as Thiyam Shyam Singh (47) was arrested by a combined team of police commandos from Waithou area in Thoubal district Sunday evening, they said.
Two militants of banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Noyon faction identified as Moirangthem Boboi (28) and Konsam Jilasana (30) were also arrested during a search operation at Sita area in Chandel district by 23th Assam Rifles personnel last evening, they said.
Over 100 militants of different outfits have so far been arrested during various search operations in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city