Three militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of different outfits were arrested during separate search operations by Assam Rifles in Manipur`s interior Chandel district bordering with Myanmar.
Assam Rifles personnel of 9th battalion launched a search operation at Pangal Basti area at border town of Moreh in the district during which a militant of United National Liberation Front (UNLF) identified as Abdul Rehman (18) was arrested yesterday, the officials said.
In another incident, Assam Rifles personnel of 24th battalion combed interior Chamol village in the district during which two militants -- Thoi Singh (26) of People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (General secretary faction) and Boinou Chingtham (24) of Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup-- were arrested.
One hand grenade, two 9mm pistols with magazines and several rounds of ammunition were seized from the possession of the three militants, they said, adding the three were handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation and investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players