Three miltants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of different organisations have been arrested from separate places by security forces and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, official sources said Friday.
Sources said security forces under Red Shield Division of army arrested two militants of Kuki Liberation Army (KLA) identified as Thangkhongam Haokip and Sontinpao Haokip from a place under Kangpokpi sub-division yesterday.
The two were involved in extortion of money from government officials and other business persons, sources said.
In another incident, a militant of United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) identified as Pebam Arun was arrested by Assam rifles personnel from Moreh border town yesterday, sources said adding that one 9 mm pistol along with five rounds were recovered from his possession.
All the three arrested were handed over to nearby police stations, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says