Three miltants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of different organisations have been arrested from separate places by security forces and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, official sources said Friday.
Sources said security forces under Red Shield Division of army arrested two militants of Kuki Liberation Army (KLA) identified as Thangkhongam Haokip and Sontinpao Haokip from a place under Kangpokpi sub-division yesterday.
The two were involved in extortion of money from government officials and other business persons, sources said.
In another incident, a militant of United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) identified as Pebam Arun was arrested by Assam rifles personnel from Moreh border town yesterday, sources said adding that one 9 mm pistol along with five rounds were recovered from his possession.
All the three arrested were handed over to nearby police stations, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'