Three NLFT ultras surrender in Dhalai district
Agartala: Three insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Wednesday surrendered before the police at Nandan Chaudhrypara in Dhalai district and deposited arms and ammunition, the police said.
The ultras led by self-styled `Lieutenant` Chiran Debbarma surrendered to Dhalai Superintendent of Police R R Debnath and deposited two AK series rifles, six magazines and 200 cartridges.
The other two insurgents were identified as Mangal Tripura and R Reang.
During preliminary interrogation, they revealed that they fled from their base camp at Chittagong Hill Tract of neighbouring Bangladesh in the wake of food and fund crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Daughter Laila, Jamie Foxx honour Muhammad Ali at BET Awards
- Three injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
- National Conference legislators walk out of J&K Assembly
- Akhilesh-Shivpal rift widens as 'uncle' skips UP Cabinet expansion ceremony - Read details
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village