Three NLFT ultras surrender in Dhalai district
Agartala: Three insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Wednesday surrendered before the police at Nandan Chaudhrypara in Dhalai district and deposited arms and ammunition, the police said.
The ultras led by self-styled `Lieutenant` Chiran Debbarma surrendered to Dhalai Superintendent of Police R R Debnath and deposited two AK series rifles, six magazines and 200 cartridges.
The other two insurgents were identified as Mangal Tripura and R Reang.
During preliminary interrogation, they revealed that they fled from their base camp at Chittagong Hill Tract of neighbouring Bangladesh in the wake of food and fund crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'