Three NLFT ultras surrender in Dhalai district
Agartala: Three insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Wednesday surrendered before the police at Nandan Chaudhrypara in Dhalai district and deposited arms and ammunition, the police said.
The ultras led by self-styled `Lieutenant` Chiran Debbarma surrendered to Dhalai Superintendent of Police R R Debnath and deposited two AK series rifles, six magazines and 200 cartridges.
The other two insurgents were identified as Mangal Tripura and R Reang.
During preliminary interrogation, they revealed that they fled from their base camp at Chittagong Hill Tract of neighbouring Bangladesh in the wake of food and fund crisis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video