Three NLFT ultras surrender in Dhalai district
Agartala: Three insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Wednesday surrendered before the police at Nandan Chaudhrypara in Dhalai district and deposited arms and ammunition, the police said.
The ultras led by self-styled `Lieutenant` Chiran Debbarma surrendered to Dhalai Superintendent of Police R R Debnath and deposited two AK series rifles, six magazines and 200 cartridges.
The other two insurgents were identified as Mangal Tripura and R Reang.
During preliminary interrogation, they revealed that they fled from their base camp at Chittagong Hill Tract of neighbouring Bangladesh in the wake of food and fund crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan