Three NLFT ultras surrender in Dhalai district
Agartala: Three insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Wednesday surrendered before the police at Nandan Chaudhrypara in Dhalai district and deposited arms and ammunition, the police said.
The ultras led by self-styled `Lieutenant` Chiran Debbarma surrendered to Dhalai Superintendent of Police R R Debnath and deposited two AK series rifles, six magazines and 200 cartridges.
The other two insurgents were identified as Mangal Tripura and R Reang.
During preliminary interrogation, they revealed that they fled from their base camp at Chittagong Hill Tract of neighbouring Bangladesh in the wake of food and fund crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!