Three NLFT ultras surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Three ultras of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) managed to escape along with two kidnapped persons from the outfit`s hideout in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of neighbouring Bangladesh and surrendered to security forces, police said on Tuesday.
Police said, three ultras of the outfit along with the kidnapped Chairperson and a member of Chakmapara village council in Gandacherra subdivision of Gomati district fled from Segun Bagan camp of NLFT in CHT and surrendered to Assistant Commandant of Assam rifles yesterday and deposited a grenade and some ammunition.
Chairperson of Chakmapara village committee, Bakyarung Tripura and member Debendra Tripura were kidnapped from Chakmapara village on April 1 last.
Assam Rifles have handed the insurgents and the chairperson and the member of the village committee to police at Gandacherra.
Police is interrogating them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015