Three NLFT ultras surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Three ultras of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) managed to escape along with two kidnapped persons from the outfit`s hideout in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of neighbouring Bangladesh and surrendered to security forces, police said on Tuesday.
Police said, three ultras of the outfit along with the kidnapped Chairperson and a member of Chakmapara village council in Gandacherra subdivision of Gomati district fled from Segun Bagan camp of NLFT in CHT and surrendered to Assistant Commandant of Assam rifles yesterday and deposited a grenade and some ammunition.
Chairperson of Chakmapara village committee, Bakyarung Tripura and member Debendra Tripura were kidnapped from Chakmapara village on April 1 last.
Assam Rifles have handed the insurgents and the chairperson and the member of the village committee to police at Gandacherra.
Police is interrogating them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says