Three PCJSS members sent to police custody
Aizawl: Three suspected members of the Parbotia Chatagram Jana Sangata Samiti (PCJSS) faction of the Bangladesh`s Shanti Bahini, arrested by the state police and personnel of the 26 battalion of the Assam Rifles along with a huge cache of arms on Thursday, were remanded to police custody for 72 hours.
Police officials said that a four-member team of Tripura Police led by Additional SP of CID (SB) arrived here today to interrogate the arrested persons which included Sabuj Chakma, general secretary of the outfit.
"They were earlier arrested under section 41 of the CrPC, but regular cases including Arms Act, Foreigners Act and the Indian Passport Act were registered at Sairang Police station under which the arms were seized," the officials said.
In a joint operation the state police CID (Crime) officials and the personnel of the 26 battalion of the Assam Rifles seized 31 AK-47 assault rifles, one Singaporean-made Light Machine Gun (LMG), one US-made Browning Automatic Rifles and 809 rounds of live ammunition of different arms on Thursday and Friday near Lengpui Airport, about 30 kilometres west of Aizawl.
Police officials said that the arms were smuggled to Mizoram from Myanmar and were to be brought to the hideout of the outfit in Bangladesh along the Tripura border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress