Three persons injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: Three persons, including a child, have been seriously injured when militants hurled a grenade at a gram panchayat pradhan`s house in Imphal East district of Manipur, official sources said Monday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the house of Y Jitendra, the pradhan of Kongpal Laishram Leikai area last night when Pradhan and his family were resting.
Y Ashalata (29), her daughter Tania (6 months) and her sister in law Y Robita were injured, the sources said.
They were taken to J N Hospital at nearby Porompat where the condition of the three persons was stated to be serious.
The area where the incident took place is 8 km from here.
The militants managed to escape.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
Jitendra`s family members said they had not received any threat from any organisation.
Police said they would investigate whether it was related to any monetary demand or personal rivalry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'