Three police personnel killed, 19 injured in accident
Itanagar: Three personnel of Arunachal
Pradesh police (APP) died on the spot and 19 other passengers sustained injuries, when a bus skidded off a road and plunged
into a deep gorge near Tato in West Siang district,
The mishap occured yesterday. The victims have been identified as Nyamar Dirchi
(head constable), Jimi Sange and Basok Paleng (both
The vehicle carrying around 22 passengers, mostly
police personnel, was coming from Mechukha towards the
disrict headquarters, Aalo.
The police personnel were deployed at Mechukha, where
a two-day Border Area Cultural Festival was held on November
13-14 coinciding with the North East Riders` Meet at the picturesque valley.
The police said the bus driver might have lost control
of the vehicle due to bad condition of the road near Gapo
village, 10 km off Tato on way to Aalo.
The injured passengers were admitted at the district Hospital, Aalo.
Five of the seriously injured were shifted to Assam
Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh this morning, the police
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan