Three ULFA leaders desert outfit
Shillong: Within a week of 19 ULFA members
deserting the banned outfit, three more rebel leaders have
left it and are currently in the safe custody of police, a top
Assam Police official said Tuesday.
The three leaders, Praful Hazarika, Bhoben Dahatia and
Rajiv Changmai were reportedly handed over by Bangladeshi
security agencies to Indian security personnel at Dalu in Meghalaya`s West Garo hills district yesterday.
The trio, known to be the core strike force of the 28th
battalion hail from upper Assam and are being kept at an
undisclosed location in lower Assam, the official said.
Last week, 19 ULFA leaders had deserted the outfit`s
camps in Bangladesh and are now in the custody of Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership