Three ULFA leaders desert outfit
Shillong: Within a week of 19 ULFA members
deserting the banned outfit, three more rebel leaders have
left it and are currently in the safe custody of police, a top
Assam Police official said Tuesday.
The three leaders, Praful Hazarika, Bhoben Dahatia and
Rajiv Changmai were reportedly handed over by Bangladeshi
security agencies to Indian security personnel at Dalu in Meghalaya`s West Garo hills district yesterday.
The trio, known to be the core strike force of the 28th
battalion hail from upper Assam and are being kept at an
undisclosed location in lower Assam, the official said.
Last week, 19 ULFA leaders had deserted the outfit`s
camps in Bangladesh and are now in the custody of Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP