Three ULFA leaders desert outfit
Shillong: Within a week of 19 ULFA members
deserting the banned outfit, three more rebel leaders have
left it and are currently in the safe custody of police, a top
Assam Police official said Tuesday.
The three leaders, Praful Hazarika, Bhoben Dahatia and
Rajiv Changmai were reportedly handed over by Bangladeshi
security agencies to Indian security personnel at Dalu in Meghalaya`s West Garo hills district yesterday.
The trio, known to be the core strike force of the 28th
battalion hail from upper Assam and are being kept at an
undisclosed location in lower Assam, the official said.
Last week, 19 ULFA leaders had deserted the outfit`s
camps in Bangladesh and are now in the custody of Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data