Three ULFA leaders desert outfit
Shillong: Within a week of 19 ULFA members
deserting the banned outfit, three more rebel leaders have
left it and are currently in the safe custody of police, a top
Assam Police official said Tuesday.
The three leaders, Praful Hazarika, Bhoben Dahatia and
Rajiv Changmai were reportedly handed over by Bangladeshi
security agencies to Indian security personnel at Dalu in Meghalaya`s West Garo hills district yesterday.
The trio, known to be the core strike force of the 28th
battalion hail from upper Assam and are being kept at an
undisclosed location in lower Assam, the official said.
Last week, 19 ULFA leaders had deserted the outfit`s
camps in Bangladesh and are now in the custody of Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in SSLC Results 2016: MBOSE Meghalaya Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 declared
- 'I swear my allegiance to Sonia ji, Rahul ji', say West Bengal Congress MLAs on a stamp paper
- Faintest galaxy ever captured by scientists