Three women held for heroin smuggling in Mizoram
Aizawl: Three women were arrested here with 17.5 gm of heroin in possession, the narcotics department officials said Saturday.
"During a raid by the officials of excise and narcotics department, three women - V. L. Kapi (53), Lalunghnemi (29) and Nitiali (45) were arrested from a house Friday night," an official told reporters.
"The officials seized 17.5 gm of heroin worth around Rs.5 lakh from them," the official added.
The women said the contraband was smuggled from neighbouring Myanmar.
The official said the accused were charged under the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 and remanded to judicial custody by a local court here.
Mizoram shares a 722-km unfenced boundary with Myanmar and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre