Three women held for heroin smuggling in Mizoram
Aizawl: Three women were arrested here with 17.5 gm of heroin in possession, the narcotics department officials said Saturday.
"During a raid by the officials of excise and narcotics department, three women - V. L. Kapi (53), Lalunghnemi (29) and Nitiali (45) were arrested from a house Friday night," an official told reporters.
"The officials seized 17.5 gm of heroin worth around Rs.5 lakh from them," the official added.
The women said the contraband was smuggled from neighbouring Myanmar.
The official said the accused were charged under the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 and remanded to judicial custody by a local court here.
Mizoram shares a 722-km unfenced boundary with Myanmar and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar