Timber traders kidnapping: Abductors send ransom note
Aizawl: The abductors of the two timber traders and their driver, kidnapped on November 25, have reportedly sent a ransom note demanding Rs 30 lakh for the release of their three hostages, police on Tuesday said.
"Though concrete information was yet to be obtained, the ransom note was reported to have been sent to the team leader (mahaldar) of the timber traders," the police said.
Two timber traders - Sapan Kumar Roy (52), Sankar Nath (35) and driver Govinda Nath (35) were abducted at gun point by five militants from Rajiv Nagar village on Sunday night.
Roy and Govinda were from were from North Tripura district while Sankar Nath was from Assam`s Karimganj district.
While BSF personnel suspected the involvement of the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) in the abduction, the state police did not rule out the involvement of Borok National Council of Tripura (BNCT) militants who were responsible for Rs 198 lakh robbery from BDO`s office in Mizoram-Tripura border Zawlnuam village recently.
Meanwhile, a combing operation to arrest the militants and secure the release of the abducted persons continued in border areas even as sources at state intelligence suspected that the abductors may have crossed the border and were hiding inside Bangladesh or Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks