Time-bound probe into scandals if BJP voted to power: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley
on Wednesday said the party-led government in Assam would order a
time-bound probe into efforts to cover up all scandals in the
state if it comes to power.
"There is an effort by the Congress governments both
at the Centre and the state to cover up all monetary scandals
coming one after the other," Jaitley, currently on campaign
trail in the state for the second phase on April 11, told
"We will not allow corruption to grow further and
allow them (Congress) to cover up the scandals. Everyone will
be made accountable," Jaitley said.
Reacting to Congress` charge that BJP was trying to
make corruption a poll issue and would forget it after the
polls, he said it was for the people to judge about so many
scandals coming to light and they were bound to be an issue
during the polls.
"The possible defeat of the Congress in Assam will
have a great impact at the national-level and will reflect the
misdeeds of that party and its governance," Jaitley added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH