Time-bound probe into scandals if BJP voted to power: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley
on Wednesday said the party-led government in Assam would order a
time-bound probe into efforts to cover up all scandals in the
state if it comes to power.
"There is an effort by the Congress governments both
at the Centre and the state to cover up all monetary scandals
coming one after the other," Jaitley, currently on campaign
trail in the state for the second phase on April 11, told
"We will not allow corruption to grow further and
allow them (Congress) to cover up the scandals. Everyone will
be made accountable," Jaitley said.
Reacting to Congress` charge that BJP was trying to
make corruption a poll issue and would forget it after the
polls, he said it was for the people to judge about so many
scandals coming to light and they were bound to be an issue
during the polls.
"The possible defeat of the Congress in Assam will
have a great impact at the national-level and will reflect the
misdeeds of that party and its governance," Jaitley added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred