Tirap witnessing factional feuds of NSCN : Arunachal HM
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Home Minister
Tako Dabi on Tuesday said insurgency-hit Tirap district has been
facing the brunt of factional feuds between two NSCN factions
for past few months despite sincere efforts by the state
Responding to question raised in the assembly by NCP
member Bamang Felix, Dabi said that the strength of security
forces in the district was augmented and a comprehensive plan
for Tirap and Changlang districts submitted to New Delhi for
"A state level security meeting was held on March 1
last and accordingly the department has undertaken steps to
tackle the situation and restore normalcy in the district.
Constant watch is also being kept on factional clashes and
movement of underground elements," he said.
Since December last year, both the NSCN (IM) and NSCN
(K) has been engaged in turf war for area dominance in the
district with four rebels killed so far, reports said.
Dabi, while claiming that not a single case of
civilian death due to factional clashes was reported from the
district, informed that five persons were booked under
National Security Act (NSA) invoked this year.
"A large number of personnel from state police and
India Reserve Battalion are pressed into service to contain
and control the situation while five companies of CRPF, six
companies of Assam Rifles and four companies of army have been
deployed to restore normalcy in the district," he said.
Sixty-eight personnel of IRB from Andaman and Nicobar islands
have also been requisitioned for the district, Dabi said.
Dabi also called upon the legislators and ministers
from the district to generate awareness among the people for
refusing to follow diktat from rebel outfits operating in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?