TMC launches unit in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Trinamool Congress` Mizoram unit was today launched by its state president Kim Gangte, a former Lok Sabha member here.
The main thrust of the party would be to uplift the rural poor and reservation for women in the state legislature and uplift and protection of minorities in the state, Gangte said.
It would also lay emphasis on decentralisation of power and would constitute village development board in every village while it also favoured increase of state Assembly seats from 40 to 60.
The convener, co-convener and adviser would be approved by the All India Trinamool Congress after which officer bearers and the executive body would be constituted, she said.
Retired Indian Police Service officer B T Nghinglova promised regulated markets, establishment of a separate High court for Mizoram and establishment of Lokayukta and Upayukta.
The function was attended by TMC leaders from Manipur, including Thangkhum Haokip and Jiken Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says