TMC launches unit in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Trinamool Congress` Mizoram unit was today launched by its state president Kim Gangte, a former Lok Sabha member here.
The main thrust of the party would be to uplift the rural poor and reservation for women in the state legislature and uplift and protection of minorities in the state, Gangte said.
It would also lay emphasis on decentralisation of power and would constitute village development board in every village while it also favoured increase of state Assembly seats from 40 to 60.
The convener, co-convener and adviser would be approved by the All India Trinamool Congress after which officer bearers and the executive body would be constituted, she said.
Retired Indian Police Service officer B T Nghinglova promised regulated markets, establishment of a separate High court for Mizoram and establishment of Lokayukta and Upayukta.
The function was attended by TMC leaders from Manipur, including Thangkhum Haokip and Jiken Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview