Top HNLC leader surrender
Shillong: A hardcore militant of banned Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) surrendered before BSF and Meghalaya Police on Friday.
25-year-old `corporal` Richarbor of Nongstoin was staying in a HNLC camp located at Noonchera in Bangladesh, a BSF statement said.
He joined HNLC in November, 2002 and underwent arms and explosive training for six months at Khagrachari camp of HNLC at Bangladesh. He is believed to be a close associate of HNLC area commander Hep Triesez and was involved in many cases of
extortion, kidnapping besides other illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured