Top insurgent leader surrenders in Tripura
Agartala: A self-styled army chief of outlawed National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT) Parashuram Tripura has surrendered before the police.
The 51-year-old insurgent leader was carrying a cash award of Rs one lakh over his head and Centre had issued red corner notice through Interpol for his arrest, IG Police (control) Nepal Das said.
He surrendered last night along with his wife and three children before Director General of Police, C Balasubramanian, he said, adding that during preliminary interrogation it was known that the NLFT was faction ridden and suffering from acute fund crunch after shifting their hideouts from Bangladesh to Myanmar.
He is being interrogated by a special contingent of police force and it is expected that some startling facts would be available from him.
The insurgent leader is a convent educated man who joined NLFT in 1994 and got his arms training in Pakistan with the help of ISI.
He was also assigned by his organisation for buying and selling of arms from different sources and maintaining coordination with other insurgent groups of the north eastern region, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor