Top militant held along Indo-Bangla border
Shillong: A top militant of Hynniewtrep
National Liberation Council (HNLC) was today arrested by the
BSF near the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Self-styled sergeant Major Joplin Pohtom was
apprehended as he crossed over to the Indian side near Dawki,
a BSF spokesman said.
Acting on a tip-off, the BSF troops had laid a trap in
the area to catch the militant in a pre-dawn operation.
A resident of Sohkha village near Dawki, Pohtom is a
hardcore HNLC militant and the `area commander` of the outfit
in Dawki sector.
The BSF said he is a right hand man and most trusted
person of HNLC `c-in-c` Bobby Marwain who is hiding in
Pohtam, a 2001-batch cadre of the outfit, has been
involved in several cases of murder besides large scale
extortion and kidnappings, the BSF said.
He also carries a reward of Rs one lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Simple steps to beautify your abode
- As NSG rejects India's membership bid, MEA says 'one country' persistently created procedural hurdles
- I-League: Salgaocar FC, Sporting Clube de Goa withdraw, to be absent from this season's roster
- AAP vs Centre: Home Ministry returns 14 Bills of Delhi govt, Kejriwal targets Modi