Top militant held along Indo-Bangla border
Shillong: A top militant of Hynniewtrep
National Liberation Council (HNLC) was today arrested by the
BSF near the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Self-styled sergeant Major Joplin Pohtom was
apprehended as he crossed over to the Indian side near Dawki,
a BSF spokesman said.
Acting on a tip-off, the BSF troops had laid a trap in
the area to catch the militant in a pre-dawn operation.
A resident of Sohkha village near Dawki, Pohtom is a
hardcore HNLC militant and the `area commander` of the outfit
in Dawki sector.
The BSF said he is a right hand man and most trusted
person of HNLC `c-in-c` Bobby Marwain who is hiding in
Pohtam, a 2001-batch cadre of the outfit, has been
involved in several cases of murder besides large scale
extortion and kidnappings, the BSF said.
He also carries a reward of Rs one lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise