Top militant held along Indo-Bangla border
Shillong: A top militant of Hynniewtrep
National Liberation Council (HNLC) was today arrested by the
BSF near the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Self-styled sergeant Major Joplin Pohtom was
apprehended as he crossed over to the Indian side near Dawki,
a BSF spokesman said.
Acting on a tip-off, the BSF troops had laid a trap in
the area to catch the militant in a pre-dawn operation.
A resident of Sohkha village near Dawki, Pohtom is a
hardcore HNLC militant and the `area commander` of the outfit
in Dawki sector.
The BSF said he is a right hand man and most trusted
person of HNLC `c-in-c` Bobby Marwain who is hiding in
Pohtam, a 2001-batch cadre of the outfit, has been
involved in several cases of murder besides large scale
extortion and kidnappings, the BSF said.
He also carries a reward of Rs one lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah