Top militant leader shot dead in Imphal
Imphal: A top militant leader, who escaped
from a police station near here a week ago, was killed in an
encounter with police in the wee hours today.
Sunil Meitei, `Commander in Chief` of militant outfit
Kangleipak Communist Party-Mobile Task Force (KCP-MTF), was
shot dead during a gunfight with commandos attached to the
Imphal West district police.
He had escaped from Porompat Police Station by digging a
tunnel on October 4 last.
Meitei, involved in several cases of extortion, murder
and kidnapping, was arrested from Bangalore on June 29 last
year by Delhi Police and later brought to Imphal, police said.
Director General of Police (Manipur) Y Joykumar had
earlier announced a cash reward of Rs one lakh for anyone who
could give information leading to the re-arrest of Meitei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout