Top militant leader shot dead in Imphal
Imphal: A top militant leader, who escaped
from a police station near here a week ago, was killed in an
encounter with police in the wee hours today.
Sunil Meitei, `Commander in Chief` of militant outfit
Kangleipak Communist Party-Mobile Task Force (KCP-MTF), was
shot dead during a gunfight with commandos attached to the
Imphal West district police.
He had escaped from Porompat Police Station by digging a
tunnel on October 4 last.
Meitei, involved in several cases of extortion, murder
and kidnapping, was arrested from Bangalore on June 29 last
year by Delhi Police and later brought to Imphal, police said.
Director General of Police (Manipur) Y Joykumar had
earlier announced a cash reward of Rs one lakh for anyone who
could give information leading to the re-arrest of Meitei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country